Agile & Aligned Teams
This program ‘Leading Ambidextrous, Agile & Aligned Teams’ consists of the following modules:
Supporting polar orientations in teams
How to develop agile teams
Sensemaking & Strategic alignment: The significance of senior teams need for strategic alignment
KEY WORDS: Change Management, Paradox Theory, Sense Making, Strategic Alignment
If the future is constantly changing, how is it possible to adequately prepare for it? Research has revealed that the most agile and future-ready leaders are typically ‘ambidextrous’. That is, they can readily adapt to address apparently contradictory needs. While it is important to be able to come up with breakthrough new innovations to address current and potential future challenges, on the one hand, ambidextrous leaders recognise it is equally important to maintain current systems and structures through incremental development. This ‘ambidextrous’ approach ensures sustainable long-term development.
Drawing from original research with thousands of survey responses, multiple interviews with heads of innovation and a deep dive immersion into one organization over two years – along with fascinating personal case studies from consulting work with organizations over 30 years – the session reveals how it’s possible to foster sustainable development in any context.
This deep dive facilitated program will help senior leaders to become more ambidextrous, agile and aligned and manage the paradoxical tension in teams, so it can be used to pull a team forwards constructively, rather than ripping the team &/or organisation apart.
- Learn about ‘Paradoxical Innovation Orientations’ (PIOs)
- Apply the ‘Polar Positioning Tool’ (PoP) at the individual, team and organization level.
- Find out how to manage the dynamic tension between the principles of exploration; for breakthrough new innovation ideas, and preservation; for incremental continuous improvement.
- See how to lead teams to ensure they are propelled forward rather than ripped apart by the creative tension.
- Appreciate the importance of developing future-ready leaders.
- Charter a path to help leaders identify and assess their own and the team’s alignment, ensuring long term sustainable development.
REC TIME: 2-8 hrs
REC SIZE: 5-20
PLATFORMS: Keynote, Workshop, Coaching, Bus Facilitation