The Sky is not the Limit
Program 4: THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT program consists of the following modules
Launching & positioning
Communicating & collecting
Building & networking
S.K.Y Debrief & implication
The Sky is not the Limit is a fascinating simulated journey into outer space. As part of this journey teams must collaborate to complete a series of engaging missions. They travel beyond the known boundaries of simple group behavior to discover the potential of effective team networking, where collaboration takes on a whole new meaning.
Innovation requires collaboration. The Sky is not the Limit TM is a space themed program that demonstrates the power of collective solution findings that utilizes individual strengths, but also requires collaborative development for the greater good of the team. Using a powerful interactive game theory method, the experiential learning event explores how organizations can effectively deal with silos and destructive competition. Teams learn firsthand what happens when the right decision for the individual is the wrong one for the group. The program allows participants to experience the potential results, such as a loss of morale and productivity, when individuals and teams struggle to work on the bigger picture and as an aligned unit.
It brings into focus the thorny dilemma many companies face when they talk about ‘teamwork’ and ‘collaboration’ but reward the opposite behavior.
The Sky is Not the Limit introduces 6 missions / integrated activities teams need to complete. They are designed in such a way that failure to learn (collaborate) from the previous mission has implications for the next one. These are not gimmicks but are based on actual NASA research style exercises.
This program is recommended for
Organizations with a ‘silo’ mentality / Companies with individual incentive schemes that are hindering team collaboration / International teams / Project teams / Teams needing motivation to achieve more / Cross-functional teams / Teams in transition
The Space Race
Additional Research & Case studies are drawn from
NASA & The Russian Roscosmos State Corporation for Space Activities
REC TIME: 2-6 hours
REC SIZE: 16-200
PLATFORMS: Team-Building, (special program high resources & $)
The Sky is not the Limit
- Ensure a full immersive kinaesthetic conference experience with our memorable Hollywood version
- Each series of missions have a twist, (Game theory) that clearly simulates the power of a collaborative team – over a competitive individual, the reach of an organizational – over siloed departments and the advantages of collaboration among mutually dependent players – over narrow single focused mindset.
- The Sky is Not the Limit introduces missions that are not gimmicks but rather they are based on actual NASA style exercises. Fascinating research and insights from NASA provide a level of depth and authenticity to the highly engaging experience.
- Team building needing a shake up and or ‘wow’ factor
- Organizations with a ‘silo’ mentality
- Companies with individual incentive schemes that are hindering team collaboration
- International teams
- Project teams
- Teams needing motivation to achieve more
- Cross-functional teams
- Teams in transition