Creative Thinking Fundamentals
Featuring ‘Who Killed Creativity?’ gamified simulation
This Creative Thinking Fundamentals program consists of the following modules:
Interactive diagnostic session with gamified simulation experience.
Implications & Applications
Business and/or personal goal setting and strategic planning.
1: Harnessing Creative Intelligence (CQ) skills for a competitive business advantage
From the classroom to the boardroom – discover why adults seem to have lost their creative ability right when they need it the most. Recent research has revealed that creative thinking will be the most important leadership attribute in the next 10 years. Yet it has been identified that even though IQ has been on the rise, creative thinking (CQ) has been declining since the 1990s. People with higher CQ are more inquisitive, resilient, and open to new experiences.
In this highly interactive session, we map the CQ skills into applicable business attributes, and design thinking, to show how they are crucial for anyone expecting creative solutions.
Participating in this session involves a fun non-threatening activity, testing CQ attributes through drawings. Participants can upload their (and their kid’s) drawings online prior to the session, and then learn who are the real champions of each attribute. The session also includes best of the best case studies to inspire, and magic illusions to show how easy it is to default to ‘inside the box thinking’. Learn how to become more creative with the latest neuroscience, to discover your creative streak.
When integrated with the full suite, this CSI-1CQ session can map the 7 CQ skills needed to implement creative thinking, critical thinking & design thinking strategies. The online Padlet board is yours to use, during and post, the session, and comes complete with follow-up action planning, goal setting and gap analysis.
Outcomes & Takeaways
- Learn about the 7 key CQ attributes needed to be creative
- Discover your peak creative CQ age(s) and how to sustain them.
- Assess and map individual and teams in the Torrance Tests of Creative Thinking skills. (TTCT)
- Understand how the best of the best use CQ in business (7 case studies)
- Connect KPIs to CQ skills, and harness CQ skills as a competitive business advantage
- Conduct a gap analysis to assess current and needed CQ skills in a work context
- Learn how CQ skills can counteract creative blockers
- Use the CQ skills for each step of a Design Thinking process
2: The Suspects – Who Killed Creativity? (The Crime)
Explore the crime, and scene by Identifying potential psychological and environmental blocks to creativity.
The ‘Who Killed Creativity?’ gamified workshop session is a non-competitive gamified interactive diagnostic tool for identifying the blocks to creative thinking and innovation in individuals, teams & organizations. This session should be a critical prelude for any creative thinking / design thinking / agile or innovation intervention a team or company is embarking on. It provides an engaging, interactive context for exploring the potential blocks to positive change. Themed as a crime scene investigation (CSI style), the session helps to identify the key ‘creativity killer’ culprits we all face individually (psychological blocks, e.g., as identified by neuroscience) and reveals potential ‘danger’ locations around the organization (organizational culture and environmental blocks).
Outcomes & Takeaways
- Understanding both the neurological (internal) and environmental (external) forces that block creative thinking.
3: The Rescuers: How to get Creativity back. (The Scene)
Investigate the creative thinking enablers and learn strategies to counter the blockers.
Allow creative thinking to thrive in individuals, teams and organizations
Outcomes & Takeaways
- Understanding both the neurological (internal) and environmental (external) forces that enhance creative thinking.
4: Implications & Applications (The Investigation)
This session includes goal setting and strategic planning, which will be applied to business and personal environments.
Outcomes & Takeaways.
- Participants will walk away with an understanding of why creativity has difficulty flourishing in a typical work environment PLUS learn the traits of a creative mindset & innovative work environment.
Keynote, Workshop, Online, Virtual, Self-led
Who Killed Creativity? And how to get it back!
Collaborator Canvas (online & virtual)
This CSI1 online board/canvas comes with complete instructions, videos, and steps for any leader to run the program’s core elements independently with a small team. The boards ensure a quick way to start conservations and develop faster solutions.
What is the difference between the online independent self-led gameboard, the book, the pre/post courses, and professionally facilitated workshops and webinars?
- The WKC-board is primarily a discussion piece that can be used as a diagnostic:
It is designed to be used to help leaders, teams and individuals think strategically about the current psychological and environmental-climate that will allow creativity to flourish at a personal, team and organizational level.
- Professionally facilitated workshops and webinars allow both the discussion and diagnostic approach of the WKC-board, and the deep dive content contained in the book and research. By ‘Professionally facilitated’ we also imply that the session will be educationally sound, as the facilitator will be able to bring out the best discussion from the team(s), ensure engagement, add content and context when needed, and follow it through with action planning and goal setting. The whole course has an integrated (non-gimmick) theme. This is to ensure engagement at the time, and then a lasting memory that is actionable back in the workplace.
- An independent team leader can purchase a basic elements WKC gameboard, download it, and run it with their small team (max 8). The board contains instructions and videos, and the team leader can also get extra support through an online course to learn how to run the session. (no PPT slides). This is also great for someone that has participated in a workshop and wants to run something for their team. Only the team leader needs to purchase the course / board. Purchase here: https://courses.tirian.com/courses/csi1-core-elements-teamcourse
- The book ‘Who Killed Creativity? and How Can We Get It Back?’ contains 300+ pages of solid content.
The authors have decades of corporate experience, education, and academic research & validity (including 2 PhDs researched in Creative Thinking & Innovation, and Neuroscience & Psychology.) (Published by Wiley).
- Podcast, story, interview with leaders notes: There is also a ‘Who Killed Your Creativity?” audio version and reflection action planning. Published by Wisdom Destinations: bit.ly/3BV76wg
- The Pre and Post online self-paced courses allow for blended learning to ensure the learning lasts https://courses.tirian.com/