1: Harnessing Creative Intelligence (CQ) skills for a competitive business advantage
From the classroom to the boardroom – discover why adults seem to have lost their creative ability right when they need it the most. Recent research has revealed that creative thinking will be the most important leadership attribute in the next 10 years. Yet it has been identified that even though IQ has been on the rise, creative thinking (CQ) has been declining since the 1990s. People with higher CQ are more inquisitive and open to new experiences. In this session we map the CQ skills into applicable business attributes and design thinking to show how they are crucial for anyone expecting creative solutions.
Participate in some entertaining magic illusions to discover how easy it is to default to ‘inside the box thinking’. Learn how this can be explained through the latest neuroscience, and the relevance for discovering your creative streak. When integrated with the full suite, this CSI-1CQ session can map the 7 CQ skills needed to implement the creative thinking, critical thinking & design thinking strategies.
Outcomes & Takeaways
- Learn about the 7 key CQ attributes needed to be creative
- Assess and map individual and teams in the Torrance Tests of Creative Thinking skills. (TTCT)
- Understand how the best of the best use CQ in business (7 case studies)
- Connect KPIs to CQ skills, and harness CQ skills as a competitive business advantage
- Use the CQ skills for each step of a Design Thinking process
The session demonstrates how CQ has direct business applications, through connecting business case studies to the CQ Torrance testing. When integrated with the full suite, this CSI-1CQ session can map the 7 CQ skills needed to implement the creative thinking & critical thinking strategies.