Seamlessly move from the experiential learning activity to real life applications
Looks at a real workplace issue and maps the communication patterns in the team/organization and looks for ways to improve communication channels to ensure greater efficiency, clarity and quality of communication.
- Identifying the key roles
- Drawing ‘current & desired state’ of communication paths
- Listing the gaps between the ‘current’ and ‘desired’ state and how to improve them
The sociograph created is designed to deal with issues including;
- Who are the key people in the communication process?
- What are the areas of strength? Why are these strengths?
- Where are the areas of weakness? Why are these weaknesses?
- What cracks are there – outside pressures that can exacerbate the communication challenges? What can you do to strengthen these?
Who needs to be RESPONSIBLE, ACCOUNTABLE, CONSULTED, INFORMED?