3. Navigating the Innovation Highway
To be successful future-ready leaders we need to embrace the ambiguities of both polar elements simultaneously (Explore & Preserve) – in ourselves, in our teams, and in our organisation. By understanding the tension of the ‘Paradoxical Innovation Orientations’, and ambidextrous approaches to leadership, these models and tools can help leaders learn to communicate more effectively & set an effective strategy / road map. Some teams pull in different directions – and some channel the dynamic tension to work in alignment and fuel innovation and growth. Future survival will depend on embracing both approaches concurrently.
CASE STUDIES: CEOs V COOs, Sales V Finance, Theranos V Wallgreens, Jobs V Cook, Google V Alphabet, Mercedes-Benz V Tesla, Venture-backed Startups V Established companies, and Traditional Companies V Tech.
- Understand how to use the Dynamic Polar Positioning model & the iCLi: personally, in meetings, Decision making, for a team, leading an organisation, industry and country
- Identify, acknowledge and accept the polar positions to manage innovation
- Map individual preferences and organisational systems and structures
- Find integrative elements that link the polar positions
- Embed the integrative elements into the organisation vision and core story